…and it’s from Sun, not Apple? But it’s mighty cool nonetheless. (My 2005 article on the hypothetical Apple BlackBox)
Today I had lunch at Apple with super-nice, super-motion-graphics-designer Gary Butcher who I met two years ago after he had made a music video for Forss. At some point during the lunch, I looked up and saw Steve Jobs pass on a distance of about two meters. Pretty cool to see the man in flesh and blood!
It’s just not a feeling anymore, hard numbers show that Apple is indeed gaining ground with their portables. Now they’re at 12%. I’m still confused after 2-3 years of waiting for the MacBook Nano (or MacBook Thin or whatever you want to call it). I never use my DVD drive, I don’t need 13.3” (12” was nicer, but it flew down the stairs one day).
So again, here’s my message to Apple: Look around you and realize that you have to make a portable computer that weighs in under a kilo. NOW!
Have you seen it? One of the best interfaces I’ve ever seen. Check out the quicktour movies for some true Apple design excellence. Nevertheless, some social software aspects (no, photo albums don’t count) would have been cool — and dragging keywords to pictures in order to tag them (like in iPhoto) is still a hassle…but wow, what an interface! I’m getting 1995 SGI vibes here (In a good way, that is! You know, that everyone-else-is-still-in-the-stone-age kind of feeling.).
Dear Eric Wahlforss:
We regret to inform you that iTunes has chosen not to accept your application for the iTunes Affiliate Program at this time. Ã‚Â This may be because:
- The content is unrelated to iTunes
- Your site is temporarily down or under construction — please make sure to apply again after 2 weeks.
- A wrong or misspelled URL given in the application. Ã‚Â Please correct the problem and apply again.
- Your site is aesthetically unpleasing
- Your site promotes tobacco, alcoholic beverages or excessive drinking/drug use
- Your site contains extreme religious content
- Your site is international (with a majority of visitors based OUTSIDE the US. or written in a foreign language)